Just 100 companies account for more than 70 percent of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. #LendYourVoice
While climate change remains one of the biggest existential threat for us, we have often been told that the solution is at the grassroot level and that billions of people have to change their behavior on a voluntary basis, without clear guidelines, in order to combat that.
However, the Carbon Majors reports indicates that 70%+ of the green house gas emission come from only about 100 companies.
This CNBC article further highlights that more than half of industrial emissions worldwide could be sourced to only 25 corporate or state-owned businesses.
Any significant changes regarding the imminent disaster of climate change have to come from the governments and businesses. We’ll require to adopt Sustainable energy at a rapid pace and large scale. However, state heads and corporation executives won’t have an incentive to act unless more people demand this.
For this reason, we’re running #LendYourVoice campaigns from our marketing platform Hashtagger. Unlike other campaigns there, this doesn’t contain any monetary reward. And yet, we do hope that you’ll join in these campaigns so that we can all combine our voices and see what impact can we cause to an issue that’s critical for all of us on this planet.
Make a tweet about the climate change and the fact that just 100 companies account for more than 70% of the green house emissions.
The instructions to join are:
To participate, do the following:
- Go to our website: https://hashtagger.com/
- Login through your twitter account.
3. Participate in the Lend Your Voice campaign.
4. Tweet and submit according to the conditions given in the campaign, such as inclusions of the cause’s hashtags and URL.
5. Usually for our campaigns we have marketing outreach rewards. However, this one is purely for charity and there will be no monetary rewards.